Thick-cut seasoned potatoes can be roasted along with tortilla chicken drumsticks. The mayonnaise works as a zesty dip for both, so you may want to double the amount. View more of our favorite recipes from this issue.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lb baking potatoes (about 4 medium), each cut into 8 wedges
FOR CILANTRO-LIME MAYONNAISE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Put a 4-sided sheet pan in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.
Stir cumin, oregano, and 3/4 tsp salt into oil in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss. Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in 1 layer in hot pan and roast, turning once, until golden, about 40 minutes.
MEANWHILE, MAKE MAYONNAISE:
Stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime zest and juice, and 1/4 tsp salt in a small serving bowl.
Serve potatoes with mayonnaise.